Wednesday 1 May 2019

Deciding on the Content of the KS4 Presentation

My initial plan for my key stage 4 presentation was to have it with only text and design elements. I felt adding illustrations would be a bit patronising, and I didn't want to risk that (especially after I'd been picked up for it so much in my industry panel presentations). However, I started getting back into photography in the recent months, and wondered if I could incorporate a level of photography into the presentation. I even went so far to organise a shoot, you can see some images from this shoot below. These are all pre-editing, so would be a lot cleaner if I actually decided to use them in my work...











As well as this shoot, I also had photos from my coverage of the Esports Events Society's gaming tournaments, that I intended to use, as they fit with the 'work with computers/social media' theme. Click the link here to check out some of those images...

However, when I actually sat down and tried to fit the images into my presentations, they just looked so bulky and out of place. Because of this, I have decided to go back to my original plan of having a design-based presentation, instead of trying to force images into my slides that just don't work. Still, I'm glad that I tried it out. Luckily, the design style I had down was already pretty interesting, so should look suitable and professional on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment