Saturday 4 May 2019

Are My Dinosaurs Appropriate? + Feedback From Second Industry Panel

Generally, my second presentation to the industry panel went a lot better than the first. They were all very happy to see I had stuff to show as far as design ideas go. You can see the presentation that I showed to them, below. Unfortunately, Slideshare butchered my font choice, but it just about shows my initial ideas for my design styles for each presentation...



As you can see, in this presentation, I have my original dinosaur designs. All three of the industry panel experts were unsure of the designs, Jason and Kevin suggested they were too young for my target audience, whilst Becci mentioned that they were a bit flat and lifeless. I definitely agree with these critiques now, looking back on these designs. I redesigned the dinosaurs into what you see below to give them more life and personality (I had to include the gifs instead of the original png files due to technical issues)...







Still, after my redesigns I remained nervous about the possibility that I was patronising my audience with the simplistic, brightly coloured designs. The best way I could find to check this, was to dive straight in with market research. Unfortunately, I don't know many 7-11 year olds, so I had to count on my Facebook friends!



Below is the message I sent to those who commented on my status...


Here are some of the responses I received...





I'm really happy with the feedback that I received. I know, as I was the one asking, there may be a 'demand characteristics' situation where they say there are no issues so as to spare my feelings. But, still, I'm so happy that I didn't receive any negative feedback. But what was an even better result for me was this interaction I had with a mother who's opinion I sought out...




This response made me really happy, as I want my presentations to be accessible to all students, especially as those with impairments or difficulties are usually more at risk online than most.




No comments:

Post a Comment